I am not really one for cooking a lot but last week when I had some home time I decided to have a scan through the cooking book and see what I could make with the monkey. Eventually it was decided that we were going to make gingerbread creatures.
What you will need:
- 100g Butter / Margarine
- 100g Dark Soft Brown Sugar
- 2 table spoons Golden Syrup
- 225g Plain Flour
- 2 table spoons Ground Ginger
- a baking tray or two (line with baking paper so they don't get stuck)
- shape cutters
- 1 mixing bowl
How to make it:
- Cream the butter and sugar, until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the golden syrup.
- Stir the flour and ground ginger into the bowl as well.
- Knead the dough on a flat clean surface, sprinkle flour to stop it sticking.
- Roll out the dough when firm.
- Use cutter to create your shapes and place on baking tray.
- 10 minutes in a preheated oven of 190c
I decided I was going to ice the gingerbread creatures, though it is your choice. I made the icing simply by mixing icing sugar and water. Some left white and another batch I added blue food colouring. Then used pre-brought icing pens for the patterns.